Regardless of whether you are a graduate student or experienced scholar, your membership in the GSA comes with many benefits:
- A subscription to the German Studies Review, a scholarly journal published three times each year. Members receive a print subscription and online access to the journal via Project MUSE
- Eligibility to serve on session panels at the GSA Conference
- Two issues per year of the GSA Newsletter with updates on key information for German Studies scholars
- Access to member networks and forums focused on specific disciplines and research interests
All membership categories cover the period Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 regardless of when the membership is purchased. Join today or renew your membership online. Charges on your credit card will appear as JHUP.
Current GSA members can log in here. For inquiries about membership and associated forms, please contact the JHU Press Customer Service Department or GSA Secretary-Treasurer Gerald A. Fetz. Please visit our FAQ page to find answers to some common questions.
The GSA offers a number of membership options:
- Student: $50 (North American residents), $60 (outside North America)
- Emeritus: $50 (North American residents), $60 (outside North America)
- Regular member: $80 (North American residents), $90 (outside North America)
- Independent scholar: $50 (North American residents), $60 (outside North America)
- Joint member, secondary*: $30 (North American residents), $40 (outside North America)
- Institutional member: $100 (North American residents), $110 (outside North America)
- Life member: $1,000
- Sustaining member: "$40 for 40" donation in addition to your dues payment: $40
*Intended for spouses/partners at the same mailing address. Both members receive full benefits except only one copy of GSA publications will be mailed.